"Israel Lobby" Panned
by Jonathan Schanzer • Sep 19, 2007 at 8:24 am • updated Sep 19, 2007 at 8:44 am
Honest Reporting has a great piece citing harsh reviews of "The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy" by Professors Stephen Walt and John Mearsheimer:
- Tim Rutten, LA Times: "Every hoary old Israeli atrocity tale is trotted out... Palestinian terrorism is rendered entirely as a reaction to Israeli oppression."
- David Remnick, The New Yorker: "[they] give you the sense that, if the Israelis and the Palestinians come to terms, bin Laden will return to the family construction business."
- William Grimes, The New York Times: "The general tone of hostility to Israel grates on the nerves."
- Mark LeVine, Asia Times: "[they] seem to know little about the Middle East, [or] Israel's role in US foreign policy..."
- Richard Cohen, The Washington Post: "so dry, so one-sided... not only do they not know Israel, they don't know America, either."
Read it all here.
Related Topics: Jonathan Schanzer
receive the latest by email: subscribe to the free jewish policy center mailing list