Contribute

inFOCUS Quarterly

Spring 2014

Borders, Nations and Conflict

New Media

Facebook   Twitter   RSS
Join Mailing List   Android App

The JPC on JPC on Twitter

Review of technologies

Reader comment on: Moving Beyond "Drill, Baby, Drill"

Submitted by Donald A Jaffa (United States), Dec 9, 2010 21:05

It was not long ago that it was thought to be too expensive to recover syncrude from oil shale in Canada. Now it is syncrude derived gasolines that fill the tanks of gas stations from San Diego to Vancouver... and it meets the latest standards for air pollution, as syncrude contains no sulphur. Now all non-producing wells across America, having been adjudged as depleted, are in fact only representative of having delivered 40% of the reservoir of oil tapped into. New technologies of injection can bring these oil wells back on line to deliver the remaining 60%... In addition, guess what happens when ethanol/Methanol is injected into sour gas wells/ reservoirs? Gasoline..

It means that within 3 years of injection plants being built over domestic oil fiels, we will not need to import Saudi Arabian oil. And it will cut off their flow of financing to terrorists. How about that for a foreign policy. ??


Note: Comments are screened, and in some cases edited, before posting. This site reserves the right to reject anything found to be objectionable.

Submit a comment on this article

Other reader comments on this item

TitleByDate

⇒ Review of technologies [155 words]

Donald A Jaffa 

Dec 9, 2010 21:05

Move Beyond Drill baby Drill. [164 words]

Debbie 

Dec 7, 2010 15:34

No, you don't get it! [274 words]

Aaron Margulies 

Dec 7, 2010 13:34

Finally, some common sense! [32 words]

Carol Flatto 

Dec 7, 2010 13:27

"Green Energy" is not ready for us yet. [387 words]

Vladimir val Cymbal 

Dec 7, 2010 12:35

Better Vetting of Articles [166 words]

Alan Carpien 

Dec 7, 2010 11:46

Comment on this item

Name
Email Address (optional)
Title of Comments
Comments:

Note: Comments are screened, and in some cases edited, before posting. This site reserves the right to reject anything found to be objectionable.

Follow the Jewish Policy Center

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List   Android App

Make your tax-deductible contribution to the JPC today

The Jewish Policy Center is a not-for-profit, non-partisan, 501(c)3 organization.
The opinions expressed in the pages of this website do not necessarily reflect the views of the Jewish Policy Center, its board, its members, or its staff.